We All ‘Knead’ Love
Happy Easter Holidays!!
The Easter season is here with us once more. A time when we get to commemorate God’s great love towards us by giving His only son to take away our sins. The old rugged cross could not hold Him because what actually held Him was the unconditional love that He had for us. This season is a great time to celebrate a love we never did deserve by sharing it with those we think actually deserve our love and those not celebrated or remembered by anyone.
The best part of this season is that we get to have a break from our usual hustle and bustle you know the hitting and running all in the name of finding the moolah to get to enjoy the good life. This is the time to even catch up with family since schools are closed and the kids are having the time of their lives by having some quality family time. For most of us who have got to travel, regardless of how high the fares may hike, we have got to spread the love to our ‘ushago’ peeps.
This time round, the Easter season comes in at that period where ‘mwezi iko kona’ so the travels may not be as much and majority of the folks might be stuck in the city. Despite that, we have to celebrate this season the best way we at Winnie’s Pure Health know how, and that is through baking. Cakes are a perfect way to express love when it comes to the foodie language.
From us to you, why not try out the chocolate brownies with our Chapati Afya which is a very good source of fibre hence helping us manage our weight as well as control our blood pressure and blood sugar levels. Since it is the season of sharing, well, here goes the recipe.
- 150gms Winnie’s Pure Health Pure Honey
- 1/3 cup (40 g) cocoa powder or chocolate
- 100gms chocolate
- 100gms butter
- 1/2 cup Flour (1/4 cup Winnie’s Pure Health Chapati Afya and ¼ cup of all-purpose flour)
- 1/4 tsp. Winnie’s Pure Health Pure Sea Salt/ Herbal salt
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 cup butter melted then cooled
- 2 Winnie’s Pure Health Organic Eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Mix the honey and eggs
- Add baking powder, salt, vanilla essence, flour and cocoa powder and then mix
- Melt the chocolate and butter and add to the dough
- Put a baking sheet on the mould and coat it with butter
- Pour the dough in to the mould
- Bake it in the oven, at 180 °C, for 20 minutes
- Allow it to cool
Get to share the love, and remember, from us here at Winnie’s Pure Health, we value family time and treasure your pocket and we highly recommend that you get to check out our products as we have great price offers for the season.